Cecil Bell, Jr. has represented House District 3 since January 2013, which includes Waller County and portions of Montgomery County. A sixth-generation Texan, Cecil’s active business enterprises included construction and calf/cow operations. He is a LTC in the Texas State Guard, Texas Military Department. Cecil also serves as chairman of the Montgomery Precinct 5 Constable TECOLE Training Academy and has served as chairman of the Greater Magnolia Economic Development Partnership. Prior to being elected state representative, Cecil was president of the Magnolia School Board.
A staunch conservative, Cecil Bell, Jr has authored, co-authored or voted for legislation to:
- Fund border security
- Defend 2nd Amendment rights
- Reduce property taxes and broaden the appraisal cap
- Protect disabled veterans who lose donated homes due to property taxes
- Expand certificate and license opportunities to students through and career and technology courses
- Provide liability protection for citizens that donate their time, energy or responses to responding government entities during an emergency
- Defend unborn life
- Protect property rights from the impact of eminent domain
Cecil is a sixth-generation Texan whose family settled in Texas in 1852. He met his wife Jo Ann at the 1979 National Meeting of the Beta Club Honor Society. They have lived in Magnolia since 1993, where the couple raised their sons Cecil “Trey” Bell, III and Charlie Bell, and where their grandchildren are growing up.
Cecil is a charter member of the Magnolia Rotary Club, supports his local FFA, youth clubs, area churches and community organizations, and is a Life Member of the Montgomery County Fair Association, the National Rifle Association and Texas State Rifle Association.
Cecil is running for re-election in House District 3. With redistricting adding new communities, his common sense, conservative record and leadership, and his commitment to continue to protect the conservative values of HD 3 will serve residents well.